Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Are you a Ve-ge-te-rian?

I'm a hard core vegetarian, or so I tell my friends. I don't eat egg, fish, or meat of any kind, yet I have had non-vegetarian food without my knowledge on many occasions. Don't ask me how I manage that, because I simply don't have the answers.

In Bangkok, while going through the morning buffet spread, I saw a very colourful and interesting salad, and decided that it will definitely find its space on my plate. I also had toasted brown bread, accompanied by baked beans, stir fried veggies, and a glass of pineapple juice. While my family and I very seriously gorging on the food, my sister-in-law, looked at my plate curiously and asked me, "what is that piece on your plate?" (This is not the exact quote). I looked down into my plate to take a closer look, and saw the orange and off-white coloured, sliced vegetable, which is what I thought it was, and just shrugged my shoulder to tell her that is just some salad I picked up.

My sister-in-law clarified that it was in fact pieces of fish in my salad. By then I was really unsure if I had already eaten a fish slice or a vegetable. I did not offer any reaction, just humbly bowed to my fate. My brother was amused and wanted to know how it tasted. How was I to know?

But to this day, I wonder what it was that I really ate.

1 comment:

  1. ewww...it really helped..little late though.

    ReplyDelete